Thursday, November 6, 2008

'Twas Bound to Happen

Open warfare here in Old-Man Town (Lockheed Martin/ULA).

A group of older republicans over the cube wall started talking (a bit too loudly to be natural) about how the economy is going to tank, how we are all going to have to pay more taxes, how we will have to sell our cars and get tiny ones, and how we will have to stop having personal possessions now that Obama has been elected president.

The younger guy who sits in the cube near me just started busting out laughing, and I have to admit, I laughed too.

Of course then all hell broke loose.

We just finished a 30 min shouting match about Sarah Palin. They said they liked her, and asked why didn't we? It was brought up that she didn't understand that Africa was a continent. It was brought up that she would have preserved the great country of America for Americans. It was then argued that the previous statement doesn't make any sense. One quote sticks quite prominently in my mind: "She has way more experience as the governer of a state than Obama does as a senator. That level is where all the work happens, where shit gets done."

Lawl.

The general atmosphere around here is subdued, quiet, embarrased, and pissy. And I have to say, I am loving every minute of it.
-Ty

BTW: I recommend reading the entirety of the page I just linked to in this article. Lots and lots of juicy tidbits, including many that I feel sort of redeem McCain.

1 comment:

  1. Did you mention that Sarah Palin thinks humans lived at the same time as dinosaurs? Because seriously, wtf.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of other readers in your comments. But other than that, go nuts.